Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anzac Day 2010

Anzac Day was always special in my life, as a young child we always attended all the services in Sydney and watched the March without realising the significance of ANZAC!
My maternal Grandfather fought on the Western Front and as a result of a GSW (gun shot wound) to the (L) shoulder was a TPI.



This is a photo of a very young James Oswald Doyle in uniform





Here is a photo of the Leeton boys in Cootamundra Military Camp before they left for the Fighting in Europe
My Grandfather James Oswald Doyle is on the right side standing.

Both my parents served in the Australian Army, my father was wounded in Tobruk within 12 months of landing and was a a TPI.Mum was in the army for 3 years from 30/031943 until 4/04/1946 just 4 weeks before their wedding.





My mother
Sheila Maura Doyle 22/04/1923 - 16/03/2001

No comments: