Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The weekend

We have been rather busy this weekend , on Saturday we went into Dallas to the Book Depository building and the other sites associated with the death of JFK on 22 nd November 1963; where were you that Day I know that I was living in Griffith at the time and I remember hearing the news on the radio and running out to tell my grandmother!
On Sunday we travelled out to just outside Murphy (and yes I took some photos of Murphy!)to visit the Southfork Ranch which was the home of the Ewing family of Dallas fame!Although I didn't watch the series I read about it so I could follow most of the characters.A hotel chain owns it now and it is a big function centre.
We also visited Macy's (so my dogs won't be jealous!!) and although I didn't spend any money Tom did and the lady gave me a couple of extra bags with Macy's name on them.What other dog do you know that has her name on her own bags!!!
Oh and by the way when we were in Dallas on Saturday we saw a very spoilt terrier dog being wheeled around in a stroller with a sunshade,so you people who think I spoil my dogs I haven't gone too far yet!!!
Here is smilebox with some photos for you to enjoy.

Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
This photo album created with Smilebox

1 comment:

Pennie said...

I was at Newport in my bedroom getting dressed, I was about to make the long trip to Prince Henry Hospital in La Perouse and David... who I'd never met... Turned 21 the day he heard.