Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Monday Patchwork


Every Monday throughout the year a group of us gather to sew,chat,de-stress and generally exchange ideas, we take turns cooking which gives a wide variety of food. This Monday was my turn and I made Pennie Griffith's Italian Loaf, it is popular with my friends and some husbands and this week was no exception- thanks Pennie for your generosity in sharing your recipes.





 
For dessert I made a Nigella Lawson take on trifle and it was delicious although I was a little heavy handed with the alcohol .
 
Slice a purchased Madiera cake(stale is better) and spread  out on plate then sprinkle about a third of a cup of Coitreau over cake, then add small amount of orange marmalade. Zest an orange and set zest aside; juice orange and pour over cake.Whip a small carton of cream and spread over the sodden cake then top with blackberries and the orange zest.
You can also add some grated chocolate if you want but I didn't and I don't think it needed it.
Sorry I didn't take a photo of this and it was gone in a flash!!!!

1 comment:

Pennie said...

Wow! Looks wonderful, I need to make that loaf again... and soon :-)