Thursday, April 11, 2013

2 quilts finished and another on the way

I have recently finished two quilts from my pile of UFO's , one I pieced at least 15 years ago but sadly there are some that have been there longer.


 
This quilt is made using a Moda charm pack and a little extra fabric from the same range very simply sewn together with a heart quilted in each square.
 
 


This design was in a book I had borrowed from the NSW Quilters Guild library years ago ;I loved the way the log cabins were made then chopped in half diagonally.


 
 
 
I am calling this one William Morris goes to the Blue Gum Pennie and Ruth issued a challenge and I decided I would take it on;mind you I did have some doubts! My challenge to myself was to use my collection of William Morris fabrics that were accumulating in my stash.It is getting rather large so I might have to double up some rounds and put two months into one, I'll decide when the next clue is revealed.

No comments: