Saturday, July 18, 2015

18/07/2015   Photo a Day  Book





I have owned this book all my life and previously it was owned by Joan Kirk McDougall my paternal Aunt who died in Sydney in 1942 aged 23 years, obviously I never knew her but I do have a couple of things that were hers.
We Louise,Andrew and myself were not allowed to read comics ,Enid Blyton  books only poetry and the classic type children's books, my father and his mother were both writers and probably literary snobs.As I got a bit older I joined the Mosman Library and used to sneak some books home to read and then when we left that life behind my reading wasn't censored so much but I think it all had an influence on my tastes in reading because I prefer to read non fiction most of the time.I love autobiographies and history books the most and of course all my patchwork books.However I do love the English who dunnits of early last century

No comments: