Saturday, April 25, 2020

25/04/2020  Photo a Day I'm Grateful for....

All the members of my family past and present who served in the Australian Army,Navy and Air Force from WW1 to the present day.

   My Maternal Grandfather James Oswald Doyle who received a guns shot wound to the left shoulder in the trenches at Ypres Belgium in 1917.

Both my parents were in the Army during WW11 my father was injured at Tobruk and repatriated home in 1942, my Mother was in the signal Corps and served in Towsnville and Brisbane until she was demobbed two weeks before their wedding.
His Grand daughter Jayne is married to an Air Force  Veteran and one of his Great Grandsons served in Timor,Iraq and Afghanistan.

Another Great Grandson Michael  is currently serving in the Australian Navy in the Arabian Gulf.

No comments: