Monday, June 2, 2008

Well I have bitten the bullet and started a blog,I was never going to but the best laid plans of mice and men!!!!!
I would like to thank Lissa Morrow who has encouraged me to attempt this and for her friendship over the years since we met at the SCQuilters retreat in Melbourne in 2003.
I have just finished piecing a large queen size quilt for my cousin's son who is getting married in Adelaide next February just 6 weeks before the SCQuilters retreat,shame I can't combine 2 visits but neither committeee would change dates!!!
I am going on the trip of a lifetime at the end of July to the USA and I will be visiting Paducah and Lancaster County which I am telling everyone is quilters heaven.Also a few other places of note such as Niagara Falls,Memphis,Nashville,St Louis and Chicago.I am starting to get excited already.
My next patchwork project will be to finish my applique from a Pam Holland workshop I attended in Canberra in March,I can recommend her workshops to everyone I just learned so much.

7 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

woohoo @ entering blogland Christine.. you know, its addictive dont you???
and thank you for your friendship over the years too! sure missed you at the retreat this year, and you bloody better come next year!


Lissa

Khris said...

Welcome to blogland...it can be addictive but it is fun...I currently live in Adelaide although I am a Qld'er at heart. Hubby got posted with the RAAF last year. I too am off to the States but we are leaving at the end of the year for about 10 weeks...woohoo...cant wait...hugs Khris

Vickie said...

yes very darn addictive this when you travel to blogland..hope you have fun and meets lots of people,
cheers Vickie

Anita said...

welcome to blogland!!

Belinda said...

Hi Christine
congrats on your blog - I'm addicted, so I'll add yours to the list!! Can't wait to see the masterpieces you're going to produce after your big trip,
Belinda

Karen Mallory said...

Welcome to blogland! What a cute doggie! I hope you are planning on visiting the AQS museum when in Paducah and The quilt shop Hancocks of Paducah. I have seen lots of photos of the quilts in the museum and they are WOW!! The store I hear is fabulous. I buy online from them at least once a month!
hugs Karen

Cath Ü said...

Anyone who is a friend of Lissa's is a friend of ours... welcome and I look forward to coming back often to see what is happening in your life.....
Cath Ü