Friday, February 1, 2013

Scatterday Q



Todays Scatterdays is brought to you by the letter Q  and has four catagories


Plant   

Quercus Robur or English Oak Tree, as a child we had one growing in the back yard in Neutral Bay ; it was grown from an acorn from a special tree in the Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney (planted in 1935 on the 21st anniversary of the Battle of Mons).I have searched through old photos and I found this one of me on my third birthday playing under the tree as I did for most of childhood.



Night time

This is my favourite television viewing each night - QI and I assume that the ABC will soon change that frequency now that the non-ratings period is about to end.

 
 
 

 

Something healthy

 
 
I only started using Quinoa this year but I do like salad made with it.
 

 

Something that is quilty and quick

 
 
I love my accuquit and it's the quickest and most accurate way to cut two and a half inch strips,squares and half square triangles.
 


 
 
 

 


10 comments:

Vireya said...

Q has been a challenge, hasn't it!

Clever to think of QI! Didn't occur to me, but I watch it each night too.

mitchez2013 said...

Your childhood photo is wonderful as is the history of the tree. QI is also a favourite here but I hope they release a new series soon.

jacaranda said...

Great ideas for Q. Love your childhood photo.

cinzia said...

What a gorgeous childhood photo.

Liz Needle said...

QI - why did that slip my memory. Love the show, but sick of repeats. I enjoyed your Qs.

Sue said...

Have you tried the other colours of quinoa? Love your childhood photo.

Joy V said...

Great photos for Q. Love your photo of yourself under the tree - what great idea getting the botanical name.

Ros said...

Your Q's where very good. Love the photo of you as a wee girl, so cute

PamelaJ said...

I love your childhood photo too so much history in our old photos.. Q was a challenge but I think we have done well.

Ozjane said...

good one. I had a favorite tree or two..one was a huge gum.
these are fun to read.