Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scatterdays the letter I

 Scatterdays startig with the letter I and the Catagories are  Money;Tools;Metal; Inches

Cinzia has set the cat amongst the pigeons this week I think this week's words have been the hardest but there is always Google and Wikipaedia!



                                                                          Money



 
 
The Indian rupee, I could not find any money starting with I only three countries whose money starts with their name.
 

Tool

 
 
 
 
  The iron is one of the most used tools in my sewing room.

                                                                  Metal



 
 
A very hard, brittle, silvery-white transition metal of the platinum family, iridium is the second-densest element (after osmium) and is the most corrosion-resistant metal, even at temperatures as high as 2000 °C. Although only certain molten salts and halogens are corrosive to solid iridium, finely divided iridium dust is much more reactive and can be flammable.(wikipaedia)
 
 

Inches

 
 
 
My quilting rulers contain many inches!
 

 



9 comments:

Vireya said...

It was definitely a challenge this time! It didn't sound so hard until we went looking for actual tools, money, etc. You were very original with the iridium!

mitchez2013 said...

Hi Christine!
'the Indian rupee with Gandhi was a wonderful find. If only I had a tidy sewing room, I may have saved time with the rulers! However, they are under a sea of something else...out of sight and out of .....! You grandchildren look wonderful. Know what you mean about male-noticing skills!

Joy V said...

Some interesting this here Christine, especially the iridium. Looking forward to the next one, hope it's much easier!!

jacaranda said...

All those words in metal have gone right over the top of my head. Very clever. The Ghandi note will be something to keep in the future one day for the antiques roadshow.

Liz Needle said...

Never thought of iridium. My ordinary brain couldn't see past iron. Well done.

Birdydownunder said...

well done. I am with Lis and my brain couldn't see past iron.

Sue said...

Iridium, I couldn't get past iron. We had similar thoughts on inchies. I like your ruler container.

Ozjane said...

we are being well educated this time. Great collection.

cinzia said...

Iron..how obvious and yet I think you are the only one who thought of it.