Saturday, March 30, 2013

Scatterdays S

Today's letter is S and the catagories are empty,stash,female and ice cream-


Empty

 For the first time in many years I have not 1 but 2 empty stash storage bins!! I have been trying very hard to use up my stash (a) because I have an obscene amount of fabric and (b) what would my children do with it when I'm gone .


Stash


This is some striped fabric in my stash, not sure what I'll use it for but I will use it eventually (he he!)


Female

This one is quite easy for me my mother and when this photo was taken she was in the Army mainly in North Queensland


Sheila Maura Doyle 1923-2001



Ice cream

 I had to be a bit creative for this catagory because I don't eat ice cream  very often, however when I do I go to Annie's Ice Cream Palour in Bathurst and have a Sofala Gold which is home made ice cream with big (read very big) chunks of honerycomb through it.
For those people who don't know Sofala is just out of Bathurst and was a gold mining centre in the mid nineteenth century.


5 comments:

Vireya said...

Well done having empty storage bins! I aspire to having empty bins...

Birdydownunder said...

oh for an empty storage bin. I also worry what would happen with the stash but the Scot assures me not to worry.... it will all just go out to the tip making way for his stash. ummmmmmm

cinzia said...


Don't the old military photos give a wonderful serenity to the faces of the people. She was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

How amazing to have empty storage bins! I can only bow down in amazement.

jacaranda said...

Wow!!! that is a lot of stash storage bins, you are very organised. To have an empty one is a real achievement. Your Mother was a beautiful looking woman.